2008/06/13

2008 June 1 Sunday.


It is an overcast and rainy day.

I have been invited to attend a wedding celebration party at the Asahikawa Grand Hotel, starting at 13:00.

The woman getting married is a student at my classroom who came from Mie Prefecture 三重県, and her husband's hometown is Asahikawa.

As such, a lot of people who don't live in Hokkaido came to this wedding celebration party today.

As usual, I was the only non-Japanese person in attendance, and I only knew 2 of the 97 other people who were there also.

The ceremony was gorgeous, the food was great, and there were a wide variety of drinks to be enjoyed.

The whole thing lasted about 2 and one half hours.

According to a card at each place setting, there was a second party scheduled at a different location in the city, to be held from 16:30 until 18:30.

However, in my semi-drunken state, the time registered in my brain as "6:30 pm until 8:30 pm".

This is the time I believed to be true, when I left the Grand Hotel and got into a taxi for the short ride back home at about 15:30.

I was thinking to myself, "I have enough time to change my clothes, have a bite to eat, and then head back into town for the second party.

Well, my belief was wrong.

After sitting around at my home until about 17:30, I looked at the card again to confirm the location of the second party and was shocked to realize that the second party was already half over!!!

Ahgggggg!!! I missed my chance to have some drinks with Taemi, her husband and some of their friends.

What an idiot I was. My name is Norman not Morman, but sometimes I call myself Moron!

Can't turn back the clock.

Just wait for the next opportunity.