2008/04/07

2008 March 28 Friday and March 29 Saturday.



Beautiful sunny weather for the most part.


On Saturday after a private lesson in the late morning, and a lunch of Natto and brown rice 納豆と玄米 in the early afternoon, I found myself to be very sleepy.

I had originally planned to take a drive out to Shibinai to see how
Charles Hamel and Family were getting along in their new home.

Unfortunately, I was too sleepy to drive, so I laid down at about 15:00 to take a nap.

When I woke up, it was already 19:30.

Not only would I not be driving out to Shibinai, but I was also an hour late for a Jazz Concert at the Taisetsu Crystal Hall.

Yikes! I got dressed quickly and walked on over to the concert hall.

I got there at 20:00, and it was too late to buy a ticket, so I sat in the lobby and watched the stage on a TV screen.

I couldn't hear the music all that well, but it was better than nothing.

The good news is that I got there in time to listen to the segment where one of my students, who plays the saxophone, was performing.

This was the main reason I wanted to go to this concert in the first place.

The almost 3 hours long concert was called
STEP TO ASIA Creative Concert and had at least four separate stages consisting of professional, semi-professional and amateur musicians.

Overall, it sounded very nice.

I just wish I hadn't slept in, and missed the first 90 minutes of the show.