2008/04/04

Another milestone in the continuing story of Snowman Bei Kaiwa.

This young gentleman with me in the photograph above/left, has been coming to my classroom off and on, since he was 8 years old.


You can see what he looked like at that time in the smaller photo in the lower right corner.

Today was his last lesson at my school.


On April 1, he will be flying to Australia and start attending an English speaking high school there.


He is planning to spend 3 years in Australia and graduate from high school there.


His main goal in life is to become a professional golfer, and I know for sure that he can do it.


He first started playing golf when he and his family lived in Houston Texas for about 6 months, when he was just 7 years old.


He is now 15 years old and has been practicing golf every day of his life since he was 7.


That's what it takes to become a professional, in any field.


Unswerving dedication and constant practice of the BASICS.


Look at Tiger Woods or ICHIRO, and you can see what I mean.


Remember this young man's face, because you will be seeing him on TV in professional golf tournaments, in the not too distant future.


He will probably be on the same tour with Greg Norman of Australia, some day.


His real name is Nanase, but I just call him Tiger Yoshida.


Have a safe flight to the big down under, and come back and see me again during your Christmas Holiday.


Life can be so sweet, when you have a specific objective in mind. Rock on my friend.