2008/03/20

2008 February 18 Monday thru February 24 Sunday.



Another busy week of afternoon and evening classes, some lasting until 21:40.

All throughout the beginning of this week, I kept hearing a song in my head, that I haven't heard for many years.

I am talking about a song that first came out in about 1972, when I was still in high school.

The song that I was hearing over and over in my head was Rikki Don't Lose that Number by the band Steely Dan.

I just couldn't get it out of my head, so on Friday night after my last class of the weekdays was finished, I went onto You Tube and found several videos of the song, as well one video of a guy who shows you how to play the song on the acoustic guitar.

Of course, I had to get out my dusty old guitar and try to play along, with mixed results.

Recently, I don't play the guitar very often.

Nowadays it's mostly the Alto Recorder and the keyboards that I turn to when I want to make my own music.

When I was in high school, and after that in the USCG, I would play the guitar every day, for anywhere from 2 to 6 hours.

Needless to say, I was pretty good at that time.

Not so nowadays. Another thing I spent some time doing this week, was to practice writing some simple sentences in Korean.

I am pleased that I can now begin to read some of the basic words and phrases that appear on Korean Language Web Sites.

The Korean Language uses an ALPHABET which they call HANGUL.

Once a person learns the basic letters, and the basic rules for putting the letters together to form words, that person can make rapid progress in their ability to read and write the language.

Just another TOOL available for use, to acquire further knowledge of the world around us.

Anyway, with today being Sunday, and a sunny day, I think I'll go for a drive on the wet streets.

It is beginning to look a lot like springtime.

At least for today.