2008/03/20

2008 February 26 Tuesday thru February 29 Friday.


Is there anybody out there, reading this, who was born on February 29?

The babies born this year won't be able to read nor write anything of their own native languages, until about 3 or 4 years from now.

However, the leap year babies who were born this year, will begin to learn their native spoken languages, almost immediately from their day of birth.

Spoken languages and music, are basically the same thing.

Music is the language of the universe, and is everywhere and all around us, at all times.

Speaking of written languages, I have been spending a lot of time this week, writing simple sentences in Korean, using a book that my wife bought entitled; 文法から学べる韓国語 ISBN 4-8163-3706-7.

文法から学べる韓国語

文法から学べる韓国語

  • 作者: 李 昌圭
  • 出版社/メーカー: ナツメ社
  • 発売日: 2004/05
  • メディア: 単行本

Even though she bought the book, I'm the only one who uses it.

The title in English would be something like; Learn Korean starting with grammar.

Sounds kind of boring, doesn't it.

It is not boring.

In fact, I find it to be rather interesting, because my main focus right now, in regard to the Korean Language, is to learn how to read and write it.
Why?
Well, for one thing, I am becoming more and more able to read Korean Language websites, of which there are many.

Also, I have very little opportunity to use spoken Korean, unless I want to go out of my way, and make some time for such situations.

Maybe some day, I will do this, by taking a trip with my wife and her family to the southern part of South Korea.

Then, I can really test myself to see how much progress I have made in listening comprehension and speaking ability.

This little side trip is probably about 2 years away.

A little something to look forward to, in the near future.

However today, having enough time to write this blog again, I am hunkered down in my own Private Hokkaido.

It is snowing big time, just outside my window.

I think I'll take a long hot bath, while listening to spoken Korean on CD.

Learning is so much fun, I just can't get enough of it.

How about you?